A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Twenty-One

Well, I did not get started on that new story today.  I have no real excuse for that, other than being distracted and not really thinking about it until just now.  I'm hoping that writing about it again, admitting to my failing today, might be more potent, but that seems a bit optimistic.  I don't know what I can do to lash myself to work in advance, but I can take a minute after I am done with this to at least start a sentence or two.  I have some idea about the beginning of the story, I think, a strong and strange opening image that leads into the events quite well.  It may be that even just putting that much down on paper will be enough to get me off and running.  It is already late, so if I am going to do this, I should get to it right now, so I'm keeping this short for tonight.  I should have done it first, I guess, but the idea didn't occur until I began to write about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three