A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Seventeen

I am quite tired tonight, but I am finishing up at a relatively early time for me, at least in terms of my recent schedule.  This week I have been very slow, and many nights went well past two before I was done.  I am at least closing out around one tonight.  I don't really have a lot to say, to be honest, which may result from my being tired, though it can also be a formula for writing a great deal, though not always as coherent thoughts.  It takes a lot of editing most of the time, even if their is good work within.  The critical voice is often too worn out, is just waiting and resting, watching from off stage.  It is easy to get into a rant or just run away with an idea, and sometimes the results are spectacular, with imagery that might not have appeared outside of that wanting to dream state, but it still needs to be looked at in the morning.  Considering I have to post this now, I suppose I am, then, best keeping it short.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three