A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Sixteen

I spent much of the afternoon and evening preparing a Valentines Day dinner for Melissa and I.  I had planned to try and do it here at home, originally, despite our not having a real kitchen right now due to the still ongoing renovation here.  I have a convection toaster that works quite well for many things, and was planning to do a one pot braise in that small oven, but that plan was put into disarray.  There was some work that needed to be done in that area of the house and it didn't seem as if I would be able to cook st all in the house.  I was able to go to my brother's place instead, which was not ideal, and I kind of wish I had found a way to avoid it, but it did work out in the end, at least, and Melissa seemed to enjoy the meal.  I am not all that fond of valentines day in general, but it always makes me happy when I can cook a special meal for someone I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three