A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Ninety-Eight

I have been thinking about the idea of creating a better strategy for getting submissions out.  I think I might have an idea, though it does not address all the issues I face, but it might provide a framework to motivate me and keep it somewhat manageable.  To be honest, as I try to describe it here, it feels silly to me.  This is not to say it isn't useful or won't be an effective method, but I recognize it as being rather absurd and, perhaps, illogical.  Basically, it boils down to sending out two new submissions for every rejection I receive.  These can be the same packet of work, or a new packet instead, depending.  The idea is sort of based on thinking about it in a sort of gambling analogy, where each chance is equal.   It is trying to create a sense of building and moving forward, even if only by feeling I am increasing the chances of my work being published.  It may be silly, but I hope it might be a useful strategy that can help me to manage some of what makes this process so difficult for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now