A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Seventy-One

Tonight, I received word that I have been nominated for a pushcart award.  Now, I know that is not all that uncommon, but it does feel significant for me.  I have been struggling to place my work.  I sent out quite a few submissions(with help from Freesia), but only two acceptances this year, and I have found it rather difficult, at times, to feel that the work I am doing is of value.  While a Pushcart nomination is not rare, it is a significant to me that the work in question matters to those who are publishing it.  If nothing else, it gave me a boost at the end of the year, and I can't help but hope, as naive as I know it is, that it might be a sign of positive changes as this new one starts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-Nine

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three