Poem: A Shadow Keeps Stalking Me

A Shadow Keeps Stalking Me

and I know it is not mine,
is not the one I had before,
even though it won't admit it,
was nonchalant about the matter
even when I was direct,
confronted it with the proof,
not just accusations but evidence.
No, it just stayed there
as though it were not hearing me,
were just a normal shadow
and not an impostor.
I don't know what it wants
but it won't leave me be.
Even in the darkness,
I know it is there,
I feel it at my feet
or as a tingle of air
against my ear.
You will think I am wrong
but if I turn the light back on
you will see it was waiting.
I don't know what it wants
or what it did
with my real shadow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three