Poem: The Pan Remains In The Oven

The Pan Remains In The Oven

but it should be cool now,
should not be as hot,
but will I remember
that it is there?
I hope so, I must,
it needs to be put away,
not left there all night,
and I should stop,
should do it now,
but I am here,
it is there.
It can wait
a few more minutes,
it is not chicken
or pork, is potatoes
and some broccoli,
it can wait,
but can my mind
find a way
to do other things
and then return
or will I do this
and forget,
become distracted,
or will the distraction
be the pan and its need,
the distraction keeping me
from doing this entirely,
from being here
and not thinking
the pan is there,
is in the oven
and must be dealt with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three