A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Forty-Seven

I had a bit of a fright tonight, as my computer was having a problem with saving documents.  I was not certain what was happening, but it seemed as if the computer was saving things, but when I went to open the documents they were not there or wouldn't open.  I thought I might have lost a number of poems and was frantically looking to find recovery backups.  Fortunately, with some help from my brother, I was able to find versions of the missing files and actually save them.  There is still a problem, but it seems to be confined to one drive on the pc and not the whole machine, so I can at least use the machine, though I am making certain to save things in more reliable ways.  Tomorrow, I think my brother is coming by to take a look and fix the underlying problem, so hopefully it will all be resolved soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three