A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Forty-Three

I have a large quantity of work that I need to go back over and get organized.  There is a lot of editing to do, of course, and getting the work in order will help with that.  The editing itself is always a challenging process, or maybe that is not the right word...  The difficulty often has to do with perspective, with stepping back to recognize the work from a different viewpoint.  Assessing the quality of my own writing is unpleasant, and it is impossible for me to feel objective about the work.  Recognizing what is or is not succeeding in a piece can seem impossible.  It seems strange, as I have so much work I certainly don't recall each one, but their is a quality that is always familiar, a sense about it, and that can be both hypnotizing and cringe inducing, either by turns or all at once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three