Poem: It Was Never An Expectation

It Was Never An Expectation

was not anything 
I had thought would be
tonight.  It was 
wanted, was what I desired,
but I was not considering it
as anything to be found
tonight.  Indeed,
the times it has appeared,
the times I have heard
these offers, these words,
it was never the truth.
I had sought it before.
Tonight, I entered
with other thoughts,
without any need
for what came to be.
What arose
was more,
was not as I expected.
It would have been so
even if I had known before,
had imagined it for days,
but this happened,
unfolded without plan,
was all magic,
was the granting
without needing to wish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three