A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Twenty-Five

I have been working to reform my daily writing routine so it is more flexible for me, while still pushing me to do the work each day.  At present, I have a sort of rhythm.  I think of it as a sort of rhythm, at least, but that may not make real sense to anyone else.  In effect, I've got three general writing sessions in mind, with the most important being in the evening, and the next most in the morning.  I have a third in the afternoon or later in the morning, depending on my schedule, but it is not something I am insistent upon.  Some days I will write in the morning and evening, and some I will also write in the afternoon.  I tend to write around five poems in each session (if it is poetry.  Fiction is not as cut and dry).  If I skip the morning, as sometimes happens, I try to make it up in the afternoon, but if not, I will do extra writing in the evening.  Most days of late, I've been getting the morning session done, and often the afternoon as well.  I feel like I need to be more flexible than I was for a long time, and I am finding that the work is better for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three