A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Twenty-Four

I have been paused on that new story I mentioned working on a few days ago.  I have a lot of it in mind, but not yet in a form that is ready for language, if that is a sensible way to put it.  I don't have it organized into a linear set of ideas, or even a concrete concept of the plot in full.  Things tend to swell and spin a bit when I think in terms of fiction.  I think a lot of that is because of difficulties I have in traditional forms of organizing concepts.  I can write an outline, for example, but not as a tool to order my thoughts, as a form of description for what I already have worked out.  By the time I reach that point in understanding the story, the outline isn't so useful anyway.  It is very hard to explain a story for me, because so much of it becomes the form it takes, becomes inextricably about the telling as part of that tale, and I think this grows from my neuro-diversity, from the way my mind organizes information.  Again, I can't define that organizational process, as it is very internal and intuitive, but being in the process, I can feel things happening, ideas taking shape in unexpected ways.  I just need to make sure I do the writing too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three