A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Twenty

This week I have been receiving a bunch of rejections.  It is strange how it comes in clumps, but that may just be a result of journals being on similar schedules, or responding to the same things in general.  I know that other writers experience this as well.  Of course, it could be truly random, and just a matter of observation.  When only one rejection appears, it is not noted as being odd, but when a bunch arrive together, it seems significant, and so it is remembered as how these things happen, even though single rejections arrive with similar regularity.  I don't know and have not studied the matter in depth, I only know that this week I've had several rejections already, and am anticipating the pattern will continue.  It would be nice to feel I might get an acceptance, of course, and I try to keep that hope going, but it is somewhat difficult to believe after more than a hundred rejections in a row.  I will have to see, maybe it will change tomorrow.  It is certainly possible, even if I find it doubtful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three