A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Forty-Six

 There are times when I get a glimpse of an idea for some piece of writing that seems exciting to me.  Often these are very esoteric ideas, technical challenges or conceptually complex structures.  It is often only a moment or so when  I have clarity about these things, or maybe I never have a clear sense of them, just an idea of a possibility.  In some cases, these things come clearer over time and I can put them to use.  I wish I could find a process that felt more systematic, more in my control, but that is, in the end,  fantasy.  I know that the kinds of creative leaps I am often seeking result from insights that cannot be predicted.  All I can do is create the right conditions and keep to the work, waiting for things to come together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three