A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Forty-Four

 I have gotten to a point where I can write most any time.  It can still be a struggle to get myself to work, or to begin, but generally speaking, I am not dependent on any particular stroke of inspiration.  At the same time, I often find that it is difficult to direct my work.  I mean, I can't always choose to write about some particular thing on demand.  If I have an idea that is in mind, it may well work out, but I often will have a thought that I want to be able to write about some subject or event, and find it does not work out.  I might begin to aim towards that topic and find myself writing something else entirely.  I recognize that this is silly, and probably just a mental game I am playing with myself, as I have written many things for specific assignments or purposes.  It is a mental block, but I also wonder if it might not be positive in some ways.  I mean, I do have things that I want to write, but I am also excited when my work takes its own shape, and many times the things I am thinking about writing do come out, just not when or how I expect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three