A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Nineteen

I have a very good sense of how the story I want to write should begin, not only a first line, but a paragraph or so that is, if not yet worded fully, ordered in terms of the images and ideas.  The language is shaping itself in my mind, though I've not yet started to put it on paper.  Right now, the issue is more that I have less certainty about the middle of the story.  I've some sense of an ending, at least in terms of the general trajectory of the story, the path it should be taking and where it should end, in a generic sense, but to know what that all means in the specifics of this story, I first need to get past this initial set of events and discover more.  Tomorrow, I should start putting things on paper.  I think that, as I get through what I am certain about already, I can start to feel out the rest more easily.  Maybe it is already waiting to be revealed during the process of writing, or maybe it will be conceived of on the fly, but in either case, the act of writing itself is an important step in that process, even before I am fully certain what it is I will be writing about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three