A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Thirty-Three

 I wish it were easier for me to organize my ideas, but note-taking and outlining are alienating processes for me.  I can assemble the work in my mind, at least with fiction, but when the goal is to write an essay or any kind of work that draws on specific references and citation, I am overwhelmed.  I can just write the ideas out, of course, but I would need help to make certain I was keeping things straight and including the proper information, and those are things that daunt me.  In some sense, for me, the necessities of an academic work rely upon skills that feel lacking and which I fear do not align with the capacities of my cognition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three