A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Thirty

 There are times when I wish I were better at being plain and straightforward with my writing, but I find myself always drawn towards more sidereal approaches.  In some ways, i think it is a product of my own experience of language, the ways I experience the linguistic process as a dyslexic.  Language is not inert, does not sit still on the page or in the mind: how can I make it a nail to hold down a single truth when that is never my experience of it.  I can see that others are able to use words as the simple tool of communication, but it is never what I find present for me.  I believe in the work that results from my non-standard experience of language, but I also see that it might be easier for me if my work could do things that are more typical, more expected.  I believe in this work, that my writing is pushing limits and exploring language's potential, but there are ways that is a limitation I wish I were better at straining against.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three