A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Twenty-Eight

 I am trying to remain glad about the acceptance without seeing it as all that important.  It matters, of course, and I am hoping it is a sign of some more positive luck, but it is still a small step.  Keeping perspective is difficult when things are so skewed.  I mean, I don't have any reason to expect another acceptance right now, but it is hard not to hope for some momentum.  It has changed things for me in terms of some aspects of my outlook, as it does represent the reality that my work has merits an editor might appreciate enough to publish it.  That is a thing I didn't necessarily believe, despite believing in my work itself, and I hope that this shift in perspective opens me in my process, which might be as important for my career as getting the work out there, and might even be facilitate that, depending on the directions that my work takes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three