A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Eighteen

 I am playing with an idea for another story.  At the moment, I have a strong idea of how to begin it, and the general premise is one that I have had in mind for a while.  It is a fairly straightforward sort of tale, in that it follows a fairly familiar shape with a plot that hits a lot of typical beats, at least in terms of what I have clear in my mind now.  At the same time, the details feel fresh to me, and I have a sense that it is more about those things, about reframing a standard plot into something different.  The specifics are still not entirely clear, but I think that I am going to begin work tomorrow, with the idea that the work itself will help me to discover the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three