Poem: I Almost Walked Away Without This

I Almost Walked Away Without This

I almost forgot.  Almost, though,
I am here now, so it did not get left out,
is not still waiting, is not here
while my mind is there
with my otherwise occupied body,
and it will not be that my mind comes back,
comes back when it is too late already
for my body to be here again in time.
It is not a concern at all,
no, I do not need to worry about it,
it is avoided.  Yet, I am here,
it is in my head, my mind now
has gone to that place
where my body is not,
has gone to the other choice,
to the wrong one that was avoided,
and I am here, am here already,
have it done, have it all done,
but still, I am worried about it,
or perhaps I am wondering
if I do not worry still
will next time turn out
the way I do not want,
will I need to worry
as I am already doing
but without it being in vane. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three