Poem: How Do I Ask For The Help I Really Need?

How Do I Ask For The Help I Really Need?

I know what you are saying,
I already know, have heard it,
have been told it,
it is what is said
by everyone,
and I have said already
that it is not so,
that it cannot be so,
have told you
if you wish to help
it must be to find what is
that is not what is said,
that is what must be,
or are you the same,
saying you will help
but only if help
is not intended
to bring me closer
to an outcome,
is just another nothing
to distract me
from what matters,
because you want me to feel better,
even if I get nothing at all,
am still trapped in this,
am still hurt,
you want to be certain
I show you it is okay,
you want that proof:
not that I am better
but that it is okay
to not do anything
that actually helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three