Poem: Down from The Doctrine

Down from The Doctrine

One is of this, the other is of that,
and to be of that is not to be of this,
though maybe this could also be that,
or that could also be this,
or that is always this
but this is not always that.
It is best if they are seperate,
is easiest that way, but
I do not know.  It is only clear
one is not the same as the other,
is not of the same type,
is not to be seen the same way.
I do not know why:
it looks so much alike.
It is what I am told, though,
it is what has always been told.
The differences, the discrepencies.
It may not matter at all,
but I am told one is this, the other,
(and it is important) the other is not.
It has been this way, I am told it has been so,
I am told, and is so, and will be,
even if I do not notice the difference,
I am told it is there.  I must learn,
they want me to be certain to know,
to be certain I can see it,
and one day, they tell me,
I will know for myself,
if I listen and agree:
it will become a seen truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three