Poem: Do Not Ask Me How to Fix This

Do Not Ask Me How to Fix This

This damage
is yours,
is by your hand.
We both know this.
Why, then, should it be
my responsibility
to tell you what to do?
I have been harmed,
you have harmed me.
Take responsibility
for offering solutions,
for helping to heal
these wounds.
Do not ask me
what I want done
to fix this,
for what I do not know
what there is to do.
It is broken,
you have broken it.
If it is to be fixed,
if you wish it to be fixed,
show me it can be
by discovering a way.
I cannot see one,
am blind to it.
If you ask me again,
the only offer I can give
is to find a way
to not have done it
in the first place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three