A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Sixteen

 I feel a great deal of pressure about getting my work out there right now.  A lot of that is to do with the desire to change things in other areas of my life.  I am not suggesting that I think being published will magically alter my reality, but I know that there are ways in which it would give me a certain sense of accomplishment and provide me something to point towards to show that I am productive.  I am always writing, and I believe in the work, but writing it is not meaningful in the larger world that I inhabit until I have a professional career.  This is not, of xourse, the only dimension to my desire for publication, and is not even the most significant, but it is, right now, one that seems pressing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three