A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Fifteen

 I did some work on the story from last night, but have not started a new one today, at least not yet.  It is possible I will get an idea after this and go to work on it, but at present, I don't have anything in mind.  In addition, today has been a rather brutal day on a personal level, and I am not really feeling all that energized at the moment.  I did my poetry, and I am glad to have been able to do a bit of revision on that story, but I did not have the will to get to work on a new story.  With poetry, I can begin with following the language, and I am sure there is a way to do that, or something similar, with a story as well, but I haven't found it for myself yet.  If I sit down to write a poem, I can just do it, because I know I will find something if I just play with words for a few minutes, but I need an idea for the story first, and that makes it very different.  I've got to find a way to put together an idea for a story on the fly, or know how to just write the story to find the idea.  I am sure that latter is the answer, but it is not clear to me how to do it, or even what it would really mean.  It is probably more about the fact that I am much more experienced, trained even, with writing poems.  So, the answer to learning how to write more stories is to practice by writing more stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three