A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Fourteen

 I did write a new story tonight.  It is rather short, and I feel good about it, at least as a draft.  The idea had been in the back of my mind for a few weeks, but it was not until this afternoon that it really started to settle into something.  I am hoping, perhaps, that I can keep writing short stories in the same range of length, maybe one a day for a while.  I don't expect they will all be good, or even most will be anything at all, but I know that practice is what matters, and revision, of course.  If I can get myself into a good habit in that way, writing a new piece of flash fiction or other type of short story close to daily, I would like to start adding some stories to this blog as well, maybe not each day, but on a regular basis.  It is an awful big push to write a story each day, or feels like one, but I did it tonight, and I can recall other times when I wrote a great deal fast.  I have time to do it, most days, anyway.  It is more often a matter of getting myself to sit down and do the work, or of having a good idea for it in the first place.  I suspect the latter of those two reasons is mostly an excuse for not doing the former.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three