A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Eleven

 So, it finally came that I chose, last night, to skip my evening writing.  It was a choice, one that resulted from my being quite exhausted.  Melissa and I, as I mentioned, flew to New York out of nowhere, and I had very little sleep as a result.  We had to leave early for the airport and didn't get to bed until late, and the next morning I woke early again, as I tend to do.  Then, we had a long, fun but still long, day.  We went out for a late dinner and by the time we arrived home, I was drifting off to sleep already, so I decided I could skip my work.  It was an important thing, I think, to give myself that permission, just as it is important I am writing this tonight, despite having just flown in tonight and it being after two in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three