A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Eight

 So, I am unexpectedly going to be travelling to NYC for the weekend.  My mom and brother wanted Melissa and I to come up, and Mom has a travel voucher because of a cancelled trip from last year which she was worried she would never use, so Melissa and I are flying up.  I am glad to be going to New York, but I am also still nervous about flying.  If I am honest, I have never really been very fond of planes.  It is not a phobia, just a strong discomfort within the space, and a dislike for the feeling of being confined for so long there.  It is just an unpleasant experience, and I find it rather unnerving, sometimes(his is why I usually drive when I am going travelling).  Now, I also have the added fun of the whole pandemic flight experience, and the weirdness around that.  Fortunately, Melissa and I were able to get seated together, which is not always so easy, especially at the last minute.  I need to find a good book to bring or something, but we are leaving early Friday, so I am not certain what I will have a chance to figure out.  Anyhow, it is exciting to be getting out of town for once.  I haven't been up north in so long, have barely even been out of Boca Raton.  I don't even remember the last real trip we took up there before the pandemic, so I am excited, I just wish we didn't have to fly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three