A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-One

 I have had a rather long day, and it was not fully pleasant.  I am sure that I will be discussing some of the things that came up today in future writing, but at the moment, I am more interested in concentrating on the fact that I still got a good deal of writing done, and that I feel good about a lot of what I created.  I never talk about the poems on the blog in specific, but I do feel quite good about the poem I wrote tonight.  As with most poems here, it is the equivalent of a piece out of a sketchbook, in that I just write it and set it aside as it is, but I found something there.  It may just be that final image, which I am certain I will use elsewhere, perhaps in a more refined form.  In general, though, I am just glad to be back in gear writing.  I had a long period of just writing three poems a day, which was far more than nothing, but I had spent so long writing more and more poems, that seemed close to stagnant for me.  I was glad to be doing the work, and did not feel I wasn't doing real work, but I also knew I was slacking to some extent.  It was probably necessary, and I am glad to find that my slow periods, now, are not entirely stagnant.  Still, it is nice to feel that energy again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Seventy-One