A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-One

 I have had a rather long day, and it was not fully pleasant.  I am sure that I will be discussing some of the things that came up today in future writing, but at the moment, I am more interested in concentrating on the fact that I still got a good deal of writing done, and that I feel good about a lot of what I created.  I never talk about the poems on the blog in specific, but I do feel quite good about the poem I wrote tonight.  As with most poems here, it is the equivalent of a piece out of a sketchbook, in that I just write it and set it aside as it is, but I found something there.  It may just be that final image, which I am certain I will use elsewhere, perhaps in a more refined form.  In general, though, I am just glad to be back in gear writing.  I had a long period of just writing three poems a day, which was far more than nothing, but I had spent so long writing more and more poems, that seemed close to stagnant for me.  I was glad to be doing the work, and did not feel I wasn't doing real work, but I also knew I was slacking to some extent.  It was probably necessary, and I am glad to find that my slow periods, now, are not entirely stagnant.  Still, it is nice to feel that energy again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three