Poem: A Dangerous Denial

A Dangerous Denial

It is clear you will not accept
what happened, will not acknowledge
that it is true.  You were there:
you saw it, but
you tell me it is not true,
tell me I am exaggerating,
that the car did not hit me,
that it was just my arms
pushing against it,
that he did not hit me,
I was not hurt.  It is not so,
it did not happen,
you will not allow it
to be what happened,
and what can I do:
the bruises, the one's 
along my torso, 
they are gone now,
but I should not need them
when you saw it.  No,
it is worse.  How can I trust you
when it is clear
you choose 
that any harm to me
is only in my head?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three