A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Six

I am getting close to having a real handle on the ideas for this novel, but it is difficult to explain.  I have come to realize that I need to make my presence, as the writer telling the story, has to be a conceit within the book.  In a sense, it has to begin with a breaking of the fourth wall, with the writer stepping out to speak to the reader in a candid, direct way, making an earnest request of the reader.  I think that authorial presence will also allow many of the other concepts I am playing with to be integrated in a way that is more coherent.  I still have a great deal to consider, but I have a much clearer sense of it.  At some point soon, I am sure I will be ready to commit to writing it, but there are a number of things I must clarify first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three