A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Three

 I wish I had a way to break down some of the ideas that are developing around this new novel in a way that made more sense, but they are still quite jumbled.  I have been thinking about the formulation of a plot to develop the rest around and I have certain themes and concepts, but it is also still rather loose.  I know that the characters are involved in enacting some kind of ritual, and I am recognizing that the completion of that ritual is a point of transformation for the book, is when the illusion of story has to be removed.  I have a sense of this, but explaining it is not yet possible, and I am afraid to speak of it.  These things are delicate, and I can feel my own insecurities grow as I attempt to simplify it into an explanation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three