A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Fifteen

I found that a post I wrote a few nights ago was never posted.  I thought I had told the computer to publish it, but it seems that the command was not received, so it did not get posted until I noticed and fixed the error tonight.  I wonder how many times I have done this and if their are other pieces sitting in the electronic ether, pieces I think I have put online already, but which are still waiting for a final command before they can be seen by anyone but me.

I am not sure if this is a problem for most people who post content, and it may well be it is fairly common, but I can imagine it is another of many small examples of things that I find more difficult as a result of my dyslexia.  The visual nature of online interfaces, and of our systems in general, is difficult for me.  I find using a device to move a cursor on the screen to be very frustrating and difficult, as it requires a degree of coordination between a movement in one place with visual input in a completely separate location, and that movement is often not directly correspondent to the motion being done, in some ways.  I often find, when using a mouse, for example, I run out of space on the desk before I can reach the icon I am seeking, or that the direction I think I am moving is not the direction the cursor goes.  Now, this is a more general issue, but when I combine it with the need to memorize various visual layouts and the meaning of multitudes of symbols and menu locations, it becomes overwhelming, and I often forget steps that must be taken.  Even now, I am not certain what it is I did not do before, even though I was able to correct the impact of that oversight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three