A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Twenty-Two

 I am working to be more open and direct in my poetry.  It is hard for me, and I am often scared to just come out and say things, though it is hard for me to even describe what I mean, as I am often quite open and blunt with expressing opinions.  It is frustrating, as I often feel I don't have the ability to say this or that, but I know, when I look back or think on it, that I was hiding.  I know that what I am doing now is not without personal content or risk, it is real, but I also know there is more that lies deeper down, and I am struggling to get there.  I need to risk on ways that are not easy for me, but I believe it is what I must do in order to go deeper with my writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three