A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Twenty

I am working to revise some of my earlier chapbook manuscripts, in order to bring them up to the level of the more recent work.  It is more a matter of how the pieces fit together than anything, involving small but directed revisions that focus on highlighting the connections between the individual poems.  I believe that I can get these chapbooks to work in the ways that my latest manuscript does.  That last one has received positive comments from editors, even if they did reject it.  I feel that if I can demonstrate a similar caliber of work with other collections, that might garner a higher degree of attention and interest.  Even more, it is a matter of improving my work and practicing important aspects of the craft, though it would be nice to feel I was making progress in a manner that would directly help me advance in my professional goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three