A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Nineteen

Freesia and I spoke today, focusing mostly on the question of what to do in order to make some real progress.  I need to keep sending out work, of course, but at this point, it seems necessary to consider what is the real problem I'm encountering.  While I can recognize that any individual editor might not connect with my work, at this point I have well over a hundred rejections, including repeated examples of work I have shown to various poetic mentors with assurance that it was work editors would be seeking.  To suggest, at this point, that it is just a matter of luck, is not an intelligent perspective, the trend has gone too long.  I need to determine what it is that I am doing wrong, though I am not certain how to approach that question.  I am hoping that Freesia's input might provide some new options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three