A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Sixteen

 I need to spend some time focusing on the full length collection.  It is, in some ways, a flight of fancy, considering I have had such difficulties even publishing individual poems, but it is also an important effort, and I think I might have a capacity for work at the scale of a book, a way of considering the interweaving of the poems together that might give my manuscripts an edge my poems do not have on their own.  Maybe that is just wishful thinking, but I also recognize that creating a collection is its own skill, and whatever my capacity for it, it is necessary to practice.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three