A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Nine

 I received more rejections today, so I am still feeling rather the same as last night.  I am attempting to think of the practical actions I can take, to find a positive action I can take.  I have already expressed my frustration and am sick of it.  I know the criteria that matter to me, in terms of what I want to achieve, the goals I am seeking to reach.  I know that it would not be enough for me to just self-publish my work, not only because I do not feel I would be capable of doing that in a fruitful way, but also because I know the audience I want to court, and I do not believe that self-pyblishing has reached a point of maturity where I could achieve what I want within that arena.  Even were that not true, it is important for me to recognize and acknowledge the impact of my dyslexia and I have looked into the things necessary for success in a self- publishing model, many of which would tax areas in which I have severe deficits.  In a similar way, I have found it difficult to interact with social media in any meaningful way.  I cannot understand most of the interfaces, indeed they seem designed to rely almost exclusively on approaches that are anti-intuitive to the point of alienation.  Have been told to build a presence on social media sites, and I believe it would help me, but there are no accommodations that make that feasible for me.  I do not want to be stuck, doing the same things and waiting, hoping, for a change that I cannot control, but I need help finding options for what I can do to move forwards towards my goals, ones that offer me a path it is realistically possible for me to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three