A Writer's Notebook, Day Nine-Hundred-And-Seven

 I spent a fair amount of time today thinking about the new novel, and I am coming to understand some of it.  Their are elements that I can see need to work together, and a part of the story is going to involve a tension between the writer and the characters, or, perhaps, the fiction itself.  I do not yet know how that is to work, exactly, but it is related to a missing person, one who has vanished from the book, as far as the characters are concerned.  I think I could offer more of an explanation, but it feels rather tenuous at present, and I need to keep the tension, not giving away too much before it is written.  It is coming together, though, and I am starting to get excited about the possibility of starting work on it soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three