A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And--Ninety-Nine

Freesia and I had a meeting today, most of which was spent strategizing for sending out more submissions.  The main result of this was the decision to send out a large batch of submissions.  In the past, I have been conservative about simultaneously sending a poem to multiple places, especially as I do have so much work, but it seems important to spread the net even wider, and it is easier to send the same group of poems to a few places.  I am hoping that getting more work out will help, but I must admit, I am afraid it will only intensify my experience of rejection.  I know that is not fully rational, even given the rejections I have accumulated.  It is at least an attempt to do something that might make a change.  I just wish it weren't merely doing the same thing that hasn't worked yet, but more of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three