A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And--Ninety-Eight

 I have been continuing to consider the idea for this new novel(a word I am still not certain is quite right for what I have in mind).  I think there is a layer to it that I do not yet understand, which has to do with an intent for the telling of the story, with the role of the reader in relation to the piece.  I have a sense of the reader and writer as being figures of a sort within the work, not in a literal sense, but as forces that the characters are in relationship to.  It is a strange idea, but I am also only just getting a handle on it, and I am inclined towards odd ideas, at any rate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three