Poem: Luck

Luck

It happened only to me,
again and again
it will happen
but only to me,
and not in one place:
here and there
and in that other place, too;
not because of one person
who chose to frustrate me.
no one is doing it.
It is a pattern,
but I cannot know the cause,
cannot know why
it is always happening to me,
it's always going wrong,
the road I need to take
is voted, the ticket window closes
as I am approaching and the walk
was just long enough
to let all the other windows
grow a line, the train goes express
just after leaving the station
before my own, dinner arrives
with everyone's order 
but for mine.  Small things,
but again and again,
not once in a while, not one bad day
but again and again,
and I do not know what to do,
what can change 
these things that happen for no reason
but too often to be random.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now