Poem: It Would Be Good to Tell You

It Would Be Good to Tell You

to be honest about all this.  I want
to be, to tell, to be honest.
It is like a weight in my lungs,
holding it all.  I cannot breath, 
it feels as if I am in a mist, as if
the air is not air.  I want to let go,
to step outside, to step away
from this, and I know, I must speak,
must tell you, must say it all<
even if you do not wish to hear it,
even if I do not wish it were true.
It is true.  I should say it.
I know I should say it.
I know not saying it
will leave me bereft of air,
will leave me with nothing
to power any voice again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now