A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And--Forty-Two

I have begun looking at some of the poems that might become the core of my collection.  It is going to take a great deal of work to do what I have in mind, and it is going to take a certain amount of consideration to get to the point where I even have a real grasp on it as a project and a process.  I am aware of what I want to do: in a larger sense: the impact I am hoping the book to have.  As well, I have a clear sense of the tools that I want to use and the specific tactics to be employ.   That is what I am prepared with, but learning to implement those tools in service of that goal is something I must learn by getting into the work itself.  That is where the discovery can happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now