Poem: Failure of Communication

Failure of Communication 

I did not notice
the email you sent
at the time
of arrival,

it disappeared
inside the inbox,
the avalanche
that came after,
a cavalcade
falling over top,
pushing it down,
burying it,

and I did not notice.
Maybe if it had come
the day before,
had not been
delayed itself,
but it was not there
when I was looking,

when my eyes
were keen for it,

as it is, it arrived
but was unnoticed,
arrived too late
to be considered
at the time.  

But would it matter
if I had said
any of it yesterday?

I do not think
the issue between us
would be resolved
by prompt replies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three