A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And-Fifteen

 I mentioned before that I have been very drawn to certain types of papercraft of late, and I am finding that my thinking in this area is getting quite complicated.  I have not done a great many projects in physical form, as I am still in a sort of design mode, though much of this is happening only in my mind at present (it can be difficult for me to express these things in a way that is coherent to others, as I can't really draw well and have had limited success learning computer software to aid in that process).  Today, I found that many of the directions I am considering have been explored, to some extent, by others, though I do not think they ever put the ideas into the kind of framework that I am thinking from.  For example, I discovered that an artist and designer developed an entire series of logic gates made from paper, and a way to construct mechanical computers of various sorts, with nothing but paper itself.  A similar thought had been in my mind for a long while, and I had worked through certain aspects of it, but had been a bit hesitant, as it does seem rather crazy.  Now, however, I am more certain about this direction, as I have confirmation of some of these ideas.  I've had a very limited ability to research this, so far, as the project which included this work is a kickstarter project that ended a year ago, and I can't find anything more about the work in question.  While it would be a boon to get more insight, I am also kind of glad that I have to find my own way, as I know that will lead me to explore, learn, and develop my own methods.  It feels as if I have been offered enough to incentivize the work, to show what can be, but not so much that I lose out on that process of discovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three