A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And--Thirty-Nine

I received the first response for my most recent chapbook manuscript, which was a rejection.  It feels significant, and the timing, as I am beginning work on a longer collection, adds to it, but I need to allow myself to let go of that.  The truth is that I am hurting.  I feel, quite often, that the efforts I make to improve my life and move towards my goals are stagnant, and I cannot find anyone to offer real solutions.  This is not only in terms of my writing, but that is a major example for me.  I need to find a way forward, and getting work published would feel like a real step in that direction.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three