A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And--Thirty-Eigjt

 It is difficult for me to write about things without disguising it, most of the time.  I have been working to be more direct, and to reveal more, even when it may frighten me.  The poem I posted tonight, whatever it may or may not be artistically, was a step in that direction, for me, I think, and I am glad for it, though it may seem minor to most people.  I know it might hurt someone I love, and that scares me, but I hope, if it is read by my brother, or others in my family who it impacts, that it can be seen as me processing and expressing things I do not feel safe stating to them, and that it might be healthier if we could work on having a more honest relationship.  Of course, the real thing is my fear that it could cause harm, but their is already much that has been damaged, and I want to feel free to, at least, write about my experiences in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three