A Writer's Notebook, Day Eight-Hundred-And--Thirty-Six

 There is a split, right now, for me as I consider my writing.  On one hand, as I have expressed, I feel that I am making a lot of progress and working towards important creative goals, both in my process and in work I am attempting.  I feel a sense of growing and gaining in my own creative power.

At the same time, I am also feeling quite dejected about my current experiences with publishing.  I have more than ninety rejections on my submittable page at the moment, without any acceptances.  I cannot help feeling that hundredth rejection looming, as though it is important.  I know that is in my mind, but I also do not feel I can see that without feeling that it must reflect something real.  I don't want to allow this to derail me, but it eats at me, even as I know I am working to create something that will succeed, the feeling that I am failing does not relent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three